Thursday, June 4, 2009

What Ugly Babies - - - Day 4

I'm posting a day behind again, so these were taking June 3rd, and as they are getting bigger, they are not getting any prettier. I think they are sort of ugly, but in a cute sort of way. The longer I look at them the less they look like birds. They look like some kind of alien creatures to me. Their eyes are open now, they were sort of open on Day 3 too, but today I could tell that both of them had eyes opened.
.


The Mom continues to clean up the nest, she eat little feathers and I'm sure all their discarded ingestion's, this one picture below when you see it you can almost hear the baby screaming as if the mom is squishing it to death. There was another time I saw her sitting on the nest, and the little baby's head sort of peaked out; it was as if the baby was playing peek-a-boo.


Also Dad brought a large beak full of worms and such and shared with the mom; after that swamping of food, they both stayed and fed each of the babies.
.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea how the parents teamed up to care for their babies so well. So glad there are still two. You photos really tell a great story. I like the first one esp with the little critters screaming for food.

    ReplyDelete