Sunday, July 26, 2009
So we got enough for one batch of jelly and had some extra which we saved for juice. Clayton had just bought this really neat apparatus which seeds and juices and dices and or chucks all sorts of stuff, I think it even does pasta sauce...and he was dying to use it. And this is how we used it....
and this is the juice being cooked...just starting to boil...
and here are the first set of jars, it made more than it said...
hummmmm like 4 extra jars....
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
The image above has been altered in photoshop. I used an overlay of another image for texture then turned the opacity way down so you could almost see through it, but then played with the hue and saturation till I liked it. I probably couldn't repeat it if I tried as I didn't save the PSD file...silly me! but the fun of playing in Photoshop is just that...playing till you see something you like.
The image below is the original, however it's cropped from the original full capture.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Saturday progressed very slowly; I for one was not feeling super energetic, still feeling a little beat from Friday shoveling the first pile of decomposed granite. Our planning skills were not to par, but we managed to overcome our lack of planning and just went with the flow and dealt with the frustrations of a bochie ball court that was not coming out square or even or straight. We sat and we thought, I sat and rested more...sat and thought what are we doing...why aren't these posts lining up, why didn't our holes we dug with the auger line up...why isn't this first section square..why...why...cry....why?
Creating an in line squared and level bochie ball court is not easy...but it is doable! Here are the pictures from Saturday....
Friday, July 3, 2009
First off, we really thought the outline of the court was not that off level. Well looks can be so deceiving! I mean real deceiving. This morning we brought out the water level and realized the back end was about 3 feet lower than the front end. We didn't expect that at all, we thought maybe a foot off, but not 3 feet. (maybe even more haven't measured) We had over 20 tons of decomposed granite delivered. In hindsight the truck driver should have poured directly into our court and moved up slowly as he poured...would have saved us so much work in moving it.
So it took us ALL day to move 18-19 tons of rock! Shovel by Shovel, Wheel Barrel by Wheel Barrel. (21.68 tons were delivered that is a full truck load)
The funny thing is; it really doesn't look like we did much work at all. When you see these pictures, it just doesn't seem like it would take ALL day to move from the spot it was dumped to the location in the court. Our goal was to get the court leveled today, well we pooped out before we got it all moved over and also decided we'll need to put up the retaining walls and court borders before we can finish leveling and packing the rock inside the court. That happens tomorrow....
I'm just so happy it's shaddy in this location
look how far down our pile went, but look how little it seems there is in the court