Friday, March 6, 2009

12 Hours to Salt Lake City

Well we made it; we got to Salt Lake City after 12 long hours of driving. The drive was actually a nice one, the weather, while mostly good, had some nice variations to it. I love clouds and there were plenty of them. Driving through the Sierra Nevada was beautiful. No falling snow to speak of, it spit at us, but it had just recently snowed and there was nice fresh snow on trees and the views were spectacular.

Note: these pictures were taken from my front seat of the car while driving...they are not great pictures, but show well enough what we went through...



We ended up eating lunch in Sparks Nevada got gas for the second time (we filled up before we left right after leaving mom's) and then stopped at two rest stops for Sparky and got Gas one last time in Elko Nevada.

Driving through Nevada was interesting; the terrain is desert and tumbleweed and there were clouds as well, but they had cells dumping snow in various spots through out the drive. You could see the streaks of the falling snow and the darkness of the cloud made it feel so ominous. With the way the light was hitting them it was quite exciting.
Then there was this; a cloud that dumped on us so hard I could hardly see. It got very dark and snowed so hard (but did not stick to the ground) that I had a hard time seeing Clayton in front of me. Luckily it only lasted less than 5 minutes or so.


Then when we entered the Utah border it was starting to get dark so I was not able to take more pictures of the Salt Lake area.

Sparky was a great traveler for so many hours, but I think his legs got exhasted from the sitting position; he started to shake (and not from the cold) he actually panted from the heat as I had my heater on he is sleeping like a baby now and so is Clayton...well Clayton is sawing some ZZZzzzz's which is what I'm about to do right now....oh I hear a train tooting it's horn I love that sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment