Monday, April 12, 2010

Pileated Woodpecker



I just shot this pileated woodpecker; I was making lunch and then wandered over to the window and saw him. Ran like a bolt of lightning to get my camera, changes lenses and then snuck out the back door and around the side of the deck. Man I keep thinking wish I had my new lens; I hope I see him again. This sized woodpecker and this varietal is not as commonly seen as the others…. My new lens should arrive on or before Friday; I'm hopeful that there will be a noticeable difference in my images. There better be.

I just ordered a new "L" series lens, 70-200 f2.8 IS II USB, if it is all they say it is, I'll be posting a review rating it a 5 star as well :-) I can't wait to get it. I also ordered a 2x teleconverter. Oh My....

1 comment:

  1. Nice capture! He is a beauty and so are your photos. I was right there with you--drop everything--run for the camera--sneaking around the corner for that shot. Hehe.

    Wow on the new lens. I bet it has auto focus and vibration reduction. I love my Nikor 70-300. Sometimes it decides to auto focus on the wrong thing, and it doesn't know what to do with clouds, but otherwise it's a great toy.

    ReplyDelete